Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Long Weekend

I honestly can not remember everything that has happened since Friday, but I do know that we are tired!!! On Friday, my parents showed up so they could take care of Camden while we headed to Alabama to get our belongings. Luckily, he was fever free as of Saturday morning, although he did wake up at 4:30 am a bit fussy. We left at 7:00 am and headed east for Alabama. It was a long trip and we arrived there around 5:45 pm. I finished packing up the remainder of items that I had not packed prior to leaving Alabama, and finally at 10:30 pm, headed to bed. I was having a lot of sinus drainage down the back of my throat all day, so by the time I went to bed, I was debating whether I had strep throat or not because it hurt so bad. And of course we had no medication in the house and I was too tired to go and get any. I hardly slept because in my dreams I was fighting strep throat all night and was trying to get antibiotics. Sunday I did not feel well at all, which was not a good thing since that is when all our help came to help us load up the U-Haul. We were fortunate to have Shane's friend from college, Jason, come and help, as well as his Uncle Ira, Uncle Ronald and Aunt Manya. I honestly do not know what we would have done without their help!!! They were truly a HUGE help!!!!

By 7:30 pm we had everything packed up and all I had left was to vacuum the house and make sure it was clean for the new couple that would be moving in next week. We did not get out of Tuscaloosa until 7:45 am on Monday morning, and finally arrived in Tomball by 7:10 pm. Can I tell you that I never want to see the back of another U-Haul again. Driving behind that truck for 11 hours and seeing the same thing continuously made for an extremely long day. And not to mention that the wet cough that I still had lingering from the flu had now turned into a horrible dry cough and I hacked my way through 4 states. Good thing I was the only one in the truck because I think all my coughing, snorting and gagging would have driven anyone else crazy - Heck I think I drove myself crazy!!!!

Today, Shane's dad came to Tomball, and with he and my dad's help we got everything unloaded off the U-Haul into a storage space. The whole time we were unloading, all I could think was that we would have to load and unload everything again in a few months. It was definitely a reminder that whatever house we decide to buy, we need to make sure it is something we will stay in for quiet awhile!! My parents left today to head back to Kerrville. I am so glad they were able to come and take care of Camden. I know Camden enjoyed them and hopefully they too enjoyed Camden! One of our whole reasons for moving back to Texas was to be closer to our immediate families so that we could spend time with them. Aside from driving my sister and her family crazy while we live with them, we have not really been able to spend as much time with our families as we would have hoped for. I am hoping that once we get squared away in our own home, we can do a better job of visiting with all our friends and family.

Camden having fun swinging with Grandma and Grandpa Key (my mom took this picture and texted it to me while we were in Alabama)

No comments:

Post a Comment