Friday, December 17, 2010

Thankful

I know I normally post things about Camden, but today I have to take a moment to comment about how thankful I am for my job. I will admit it started out stressful, but over time, I have definitely settled in. Today was the last day before our 2 1/2 week break, which is the first thing I am extremely thankful for. Never have I had over 1 week off during the holidays. All the students were geared up for their Christmas parties. Before school even started, I had two of my favorite students come in and give me a wonderfully decorated bag, homemade ornament and gift card to Red Lobster. Through out the day, I received other great gifts, such as hand creme, ornaments, cookies and candy from other children. Sometime after lunch my principal came to my office and handed me a card. I honestly thought it was a thank you card from a recent gift the administrative team had purchased her for her birthday. I was wrong! Instead it was a card thanking me for taking care of all the Horne students and staff. As an appreciation, she gave me a Gift of Time, which was one whole day off during the Spring semester! How awesome is that??? She definitely gave me a gift that no one else could, and it was wonderful!

As for another thing I am thankful for, Camden. I have some pics from the past week or so that warrant sharing.


Having fun playing


Enjoying the tree


Helping Mom with laundry

No comments:

Post a Comment