Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Sinusitis

For about 3 weeks, if not longer, Camden has been fighting a runny nose and cough. It has pretty much stayed the same, until last night. It is always routine for me to check in on Camden right before I go to bed, and I always feel his face to make sure he does not feel warm. Well, last night when I checked him, he felt rather warm to me and sure enough his temperature revealed 101.9. So I woke him up and gave him some Motrin and then he went back to sleep. Around 2:45 am I heard him in his room whimpering and coughing and went in and got him and gave him a bottle and he stayed up until about 4:00 am. I noticed then when I was up with him, that his breath smelled foul and one of his lymph nodes on the right side of his neck was swollen. I suspected infection, namely sinusitis. So sure enough this morning I called and made an appointment for him. He weighed in at 18 pounds 4 ounces. His pediatrician checked him out and sure enough diagnosed him with sinusitis and an early ear infection in his right ear. She prescribed him Omnicef and requested that we follow up in 10 to 14 days so she could recheck his ears. Even though he had been running fever and coughing quiet a bit, he still was in a wonderful mood! Believe you me, I do know how fortunate we are!!!


2 comments:

  1. Poor baby! It sounds like the weight gain is going well though! Noah Catherine was 18lbs 14oz at her 1 year and Camden's not much less than that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sarah, that makes me feel so good to hear that! I have been pleased with his progression in weight and actually think he has some chunky little cheeks now!!

    ReplyDelete