Sunday, August 1, 2010

So Much To Do, So Little Time

I have been packing for the past several weeks. Maybe not a lot everyday, but at least a few boxes a day, for the most part. I have not gotten as much done as I would like, but I have done the best I can with having an infant as well as company - which by the way I enjoyed very much!! I usually would be in panic mode by this point since we are heading out tomorrow for Texas, but I knew that my Mom would be able to help me with the last minute packing. Camden and I picked my mom up at the airport last evening. Once we got home, we all ate dinner and then Camden went to bed. It was then time for the games to begin. Mom and I packed several boxes in the kitchen while Shane got all of his clothes together. We then decided to call it a night, knowing that today would be the real fun.

We packed and packed and packed today. It seems like that is all we knew how to do. Shane got the U-haul and packed all the boxes we were taking in it. Shane and I had decided to only take the things we needed, along with Camden's bed. I guess I should stop here and explain what the heck is going on with our situation. I have a job at Horne Elementary in the Cy-Fair school district in Cypress, Texas. Shane has yet to find a job, and we have not sold our home - to be honest, not many people have even looked at it. (The market is not good right now.) So all that being said, we can not afford two house notes. My sister and her husband have graciously allowed us to come and live in their house until we can get situated with our house selling. My sister said that we could bring Camden's bed and put it up in Braden's room who could sleep in Mason's room since he has bunk beds. That was a relief for me, because I really did not want Camden to get out of his routine. She also had cleaned out the dresser and closet in the guest room so that we could 'move in' to that room. So we decided that we would only take our clothes as well as our mementos and pictures. Everything else we would go ahead and pack up, but would leave behind and come back one weekend and get after the house sells. We decided to do that since renting a climate controlled storage was about $200 a month and we would already be paying for 'climate control' in our home!

Manya and Ronald stopped by one last time this afternoon for us to say our goodbyes. I know I have said it before, but I have so enjoyed them! I am ready for them to retire so they can come visit us in Texas!! : ) We have all worked very hard today, and the last thing to do is clean so the house is presentable for possible home buyers. We plan on getting up bright and early in the morning with the intent of being on the road by 8:00 am. I am so grateful that my mother was able to come and help us. I was not looking forward to the last minute scramble as well as traveling alone with Camden. It will definitely be nice tomorrow having her with us as we travel the ten and a half hour trip (or longer depending on Camden).


Camden chillaxin' in his Bumbo


Hanging out on the couch

No comments:

Post a Comment