Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Finally Home

We arrived safe and sound Sunday night to my sister's house after a ten and a half hour trip from Alabama. Camden did great in the car, aside from a slight meltdown about an hour before arriving to Tomball. We have figured out that 'The Wheels on the Bus' is Camden's favorite song and mom and I sang it LOTS on our trip! Upon our arrival, we unloaded the vehicles and U-Haul, had some dinner and I unpacked a few things. On Monday, I unpacked even more things and Shane and I went to the grocery store to pick up items to cook for dinner (since cooking is my chore - which of course I do not mind!)

Today, Camden and I took a trip to my great friend Lorrie's house. As you recall, Lorrie has been my 'go to gal' since pregnancy. She is a stay home mother of two and is a plethora of information! She has sent Camden numerous things prior to his arrival as well as after and I was so glad they finally got to meet!! Camden and I finally got to meet her two children, Garrett and Lilly. Let me just say that Garrett has the best manners!! I hope he can rub some of those off on Camden when he gets older. He was so good to bring Camden toys and help in anyway he could. Lilly (or better known as Dorothy) was such a joy also. She is just precious and loving. I can't wait to get to know those kids better! So exciting to be near long time friends and family!!!

Lorrie feeding Camden

Lilly and Garrett

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home! We've lived outside of Texas for about a year and were so incredibly anxious to get home as well. There's nothing like Texas, that's for sure.

    Great to see Lorrie too. It's always pictures of her kids, but never any of her.

    I recall a very painful trip to Houston with my oldest daughter when she was about 7 months old. We discovered her favorite song was "You Are My Sunshine", but it wasn't the cute, sweet version... it was the loud, fast and obnoxious kid-sung version. My friend and I were about to bonkers with the song, but it was the only thing that kept her calm the entire trip. Good times!

    ReplyDelete