Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Good To The Last Drop

Yet another sad day as a mother. Today was Camden's last day to receive breast milk. As you recall, I quit breast feeding after he was 4 months old. The main reason was selfish I suppose. I had lost more weight than I needed due to the lack of things to eat that did not contain dairy or eggs, and I was craving some of my favorites. Also, finding a place at work to pump was an issue at times, and it was hard to pump as long as I needed to as well as eat in the allotted amount of time available. I had pumped extra milk, and was thinking that it would only last a month longer. I was joyed to find that it lasted a little over 2 months, due to the fact that we would mix breast milk and formula together. So, even though I was hoping for Camden to get breast milk for a year, 6 months was as long as we made it. We have been very fortunate that he has only been sick once, which was with a cold when he was 2 weeks old, and I am praying that his immunity holds strong.


No comments:

Post a Comment