Friday, August 7, 2009

13 weeks 3 days - Third Appointment

Well today I had my third appointment. I was a bit apprehensive today due to my perception of how much weight I think I should have gained by now and the actual amount of weight that I knew my scale was telling me I had gained. Now I must back track a bit, because I never said how much I had gained at my last appointment, which was two pounds. Today, I brought that total up to 5 lbs. Dr. D is not a bit concerned, she says I am right on track, but all I can think is that what I put on, has to come off and my eating choices have not been the best since all I really want is sweets. Luckily, Dr. D has a sweet tooth also and gave me a lot of different low fat ideas that will fulfill my sweet tooth!!!

When I arrived at my appointment at 9:15, the nurse told me that Dr. D was still in surgery but it shouldn't be too long and it was up to me as to if I wanted to wait. Well, since I work on the floor below the OBGYN and did not have to be to work until 11:00, I told her I would be more than happy to wait. So she went ahead and got the baby's heart rate which was 144. She had me stay in the room and can I tell you that it was the most relaxing hour and 15 minutes I have had in a very long time. I sat there and listened to music and read magazines until Dr. D arrived. It was so nice to just sit and not worry about a thing!!! Crazy I know. So along with the sweet tooth talk, I asked her when she would let us find out the sex of the baby and she said between weeks 18 and 22 but since my next appointment was at 17 weeks, we will just do it then!!!! YEA!!!!! So on September 3rd, Lord willing, we shall know the sex of Baby Hood!!!!

This morning, I did attempt to figure out the sex of our child. One of Shane's baseball player's parents told us we HAD to try the Drano test because they were 13-0 with first children and this test. For those of you that don't know, you take 1/4 cup of urine and add a 1/4 cup Drano crystals and if it turns brown it is a boy and blue means girl. So Shane was at Lowe's the other day and picked up some crystals. This morning, I tried to wait until he got up, but couldn't so went ahead and obtained the sample and went outside and put the crystals in it. I promptly turned around and left the chemistry project out on the porch and decided I would wait for Shane to get up and we would go look at the findings together. Well about 15 minutes later he woke up and just started laughing because he said you had to check it 10 to 15 seconds are after you mixed it. So we went out and checked it and it was some green color and was smoking!!!! So needless to say, we will have to try that again and report back!

How our baby is growing:

Fingerprints have formed on our baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If we are having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Our baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.


1 comment: