Friday, August 14, 2009

14 Weeks 3 days

Well, let me just begin by saying that my great weekend turned to doo doo (literally) by Monday morning. I really did not sleep well Sunday night but really was not sure why. I tossed and turned a lot and just could not seem to get comfortable. I woke up at my normal 5:45 to get ready for work and as I was in the bathroom getting ready, I started breaking out in a cold sweat. The toilet and I became good friends for a bit, but I didn't let it stop my morning routine. So I finished getting ready and went into the kitchen to attempt to eat some breakfast. I took my routine morning Tums, and with no warning at all, I was in the bathroom vomiting. (Side note: I really do not have time to be sick because I am saving every ounce of time I have to be off with the baby when it arrives. As it stands now, I will already be working quiet a few weeks without pay, so I am very stingy with using any of my time at all.) So I got myself together, finished getting ready and headed out the door to work. Well, let me just say, I only lasted 3 hours there before heading back to the house, garbage bag in tow. I got home, crawled in bed and pretty much stayed there (between trips to the bathroom of course) until the evening when I transferred myself to the couch. I slept and slept and slept. Shane was so worried that I was not going to be able to sleep that night and wanted me to try to stay awake, but I really couldn't. Even so, I was able to sleep without a problem.

Tuesday, I still had a few minor stomach issues, but headed to work. By mid afternoon I was in such pain from trapped gas in my upper abdomen, I just wanted to be placed out of my misery. But since no one would oblige, when I got home from work, I once again found comfort on the couch. Shane was convinced I had to eat something, but I did not want to put one thing in my mouth. I did however tell him that he could not let me go to bed without consuming at least one 16 oz bottle of water, due to the lack of fluids I had consumed in the past 36 hours. He still persisted and headed off to the grocery store to buy me some soup. After a phone call from Publix with the list of every type of "good" soup they had, he agreed to just bring me creamy chicken noodle. I think I may have got about 6 bites down, and I was done!!! I did however, finish the water before bedtime!!! When I weighed that evening, I found that I had lost 4 of the 5 lbs I have gained during pregnancy. So Wednesday was still spent recovering, and finally by last evening, I was pretty much feeling myself. I am still watching what I am eating for fear of flaring up some indigestion though!!! As of now, I have only gained back one of those pounds, but sure the others are not too far behind. I am grateful for how well Shane watched after me and took care of me!!! It is amazing what pregnancy can do to a man. I keep seeing sides of him I didn't know existed! So awesome!!! : )

How our baby is growing:

This week's big developments: Our baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him — a process he'll keep up until birth. From head to bottom, he measures 3 1/2 inches - about the size of a lemon and he weighs 1 1/2 ounces. His body is growing faster than his head, which now sits upon a more distinct neck. By the end of this week, his arms will have grown to a length that's in proportion to the rest of his body.


No comments:

Post a Comment