Saturday, August 22, 2009

15 Weeks 4 Days

This has been a very uneventful week, and I must say I appreciated that!!! Shane started back to school on Wednesday, which makes me a happy girl. In the mornings, I no longer have to get dressed in the dark and we can actually converse some since he leaves for school at the same time I do now. It sure beats leaving in the morning with him and the dogs all in bed!!! I am really excited that this is his last year of school. I know it will move very quickly, so I am not trying to "rush" things, just enjoy this time in our lives.

As for pregnancy this week, there are days I feel bigger than others. I don't feel like I am progressing in size like I have known others to do by this time in their pregnancies, but maybe that means I will not gain more than the requested 25 to 35 pounds. I guess only time will tell! I am still attempting to get back on all 4 of the pounds I lost from the stomach virus a few weeks ago. If only I could be better about drinking water!!!!!! My husband did take me to Cold Stone Creamery on Sunday and talked me into getting the medium size cup of ice cream vs. the small size. Don't you know it was soooooo hard for him to talk me into that, but whatever is best for the baby!! (You know dairy products ARE good.) Ha Ha!!!

How our baby is growing:

Our growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. There's not much for our baby to taste at this point, but she is forming taste buds.


1 comment: