Friday, June 14, 2024

Boxwoods Camp

This past week, Shane and the boys headed to Boxwoods Camp on Lake Livingston with the church youth group. Boxwoods is a part of Camp Cho-Yeh, where we went for winter retreat. I opted not to go this time and instead went to work and enjoyed my evenings alone. Since Shane and I have been married, I have not ever had the house to myself and I must say, it was very nice!

The name Boxwoods comes from the fact that all the cabins are made out of shipping containers which made for tight spaces. Shane and Casen were in the same cabin, which housed 6th and 7th graders, while Camden was in a cabin with 8th and 9th graders. 

Shane could hardly stand the mess!

Casen spent a lot of time jumping on the blob and mastered doing sideways flips.


They had a good time doing all sorts of activities including playing different games, dancing at night (including a silent disco) riding tubes on the lake, kayaking, worshipping and learning more about God.

 




Silent disco





Casen tubing

Camden kayaking

Silent disco

Outdoor movie



The leaders

The whole crew!

Everyone came home tired and took a nap. Despite that, I think a good time was had by all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment