Wednesday, May 29, 2024

Exciting Happenings

Saturday we headed to Fulsher for Casen's baseball team party. It was held at one of our team members house who has a bit of land around their house. The boys had a great time playing on a water slide, playing wiffle ball (of course) and eating great food. Camden, Shane and I enjoyed playing some corn hole as well as visiting with the other parents. 

Casen was so good to go down the
slide LOTS of times with one of 
our team members brother who is 
autistic while the other boys played ball.

Camden and I often have the conversation that we are living the wrong life. We both would rather be on some land with animals and a pond for fishing. He tells me that once he graduates from high school, I need to move to some land and he will come and visit me. If only it were that easy!  So, it wasn't surprising that he was willing to hold one of their hens. I was glad he was able to experience that - it reminded me of being in high school and going to my best friend's house who had hens and a hen house and going and retrieving eggs. I always thought that was so awesome. 


Casen has been so good not to bug us for a phone, knowing that he had to wait until the summer after his 6th grade year to receive one (since that is when Camden received his). But the past few weeks he has been chomping at the bit to get his phone. Sunday, he finally received his first phone and he was thrilled! 


Back in March, Camden and I were selected to become members of the Young Men's Service League (YMSL). For the next four years, we will be attending meetings and performing meaningful philanthropy work together in our community. During the boys meetings, they focus on leadership, practical skills, social skills, life choices and civic responsibility. Aside from the valuable information Camden will receive, I am really looking forward to spending quality time with Camden while serving our community. Today, Camden was presented with a yard sign by one of the senior boys.





















No comments:

Post a Comment