Thursday, May 23, 2024

End of School Year Festivities

Today was the boys last day of school, which meant we had a few busy days of award ceremonies and parties. The boys have had a great school year. Camden had great teachers, made awesome grades and even learned some Spanish. Aside from Casen's science teacher (who we knew was going to be a challenge) he also had great teachers and made great grades. 

Yesterday I attended Casen's 6th grade  award ceremony at his school. He received several awards including the Presidential Award, the Cooperation Award and a Certificate of Achievement for his grades. 

Casen accepting his award

Proud of my boy!



Last evening we headed to Camden's 8th Grade Step-Up Ceremony. He initially told me he did not want to go and that a lot of his friends weren't going, but when I asked some other moms, I found out that their boys had plans not to attend, but the mothers had other plans (as did I). So we headed out to go shopping Monday after his orthopedic appointment, bought all new clothes and shoes and him looking sharp for his ceremony. 

A pic of Casen taking the picture to the left.


Camden and Cole (they have been
friends since Kindergarten)




Camden would not let me take a picture
with him and this award because he felt the
whole concept was 'dumb'. Sometimes my
boy is too smart for his own good.

Today was the boys last day of school. It closed yet another chapter of their lives as Casen is leaving the intermediate school and heading to junior high and Camden is leaving junior high and heading to high school. HIGH SCHOOL!?!?!?! How did we get here?? I could not be more proud of them, their accomplishments in both school and sports, and of the young men they are becoming. As much as I can't believe how fast time is flying and know that the amount of time I have left with them before they head off to college, is steadily decreasing, I really am looking forward to what the next several years hold for them both. 

And, as a chapter closed for the boys, one also closed for Shane. He has had at least one, if not both boys at either the intermediate school with him or at the elementary school literally right next door to him for the last 9 years. Since the junior high is a few blocks away, and the high school a few miles away, the boys will no longer be right under his nose. It will be an adjustment for everyone.

Because it is always fun to see how much they change in a school year, here are their beginning and end of school year pics. 
 
As I have every first and last day of school, I received a picture of Casen and Charlotte this morning from her mom. It made me teary as this will most likely be the last 'last day of school' picture of them, unless I can convince Casen to find her and take a selfie with her. It is a long shot, but one can hope . . 


Back in December, when Casen had his school Christmas party, he was not overly thrilled that I wanted to attend. We made a deal that I would attend just one of h is school parties and I chose the end of year party. The school decided that only parent volunteers would be allowed to attend the party, so I of course signed up to volunteer. Because I was busy handing out pizza to the kids, I didn't see him very much, but they had a glow party which included dancing, games, pizza, snacks and ice cream. They all had a great time! 

Casen and his friend Wesley


Now, onto summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment