Tuesday, July 6, 2021

July 4th Weekend

On Tuesday, Shane took the boys to meet my parents for their annual summer stay with them. Since I was wrapping up my last week of working summer school, I was not able to go along for the ride. My last day of summer school was scheduled for July 1, however I accepted a new position with the district as the Health Service Coordinator, so I made my way over to the office both Wednesday and Thursday to get a little settled in prior to next week because my boss and our secretary had already taken off next week. 

My new office.

With the 4th of July falling on Sunday, Shane and I decided we would go up on Friday to hang out and also so I could spend some time with my grandma. Unfortunately that didn't leave the boys much 'alone' time with my parents, but with sports, Camden's mission and upcoming camps, our time this summer has been really limited on when we could go to Kerrville and visit. 

On Saturday I went and visited grandma after lunch. I learned that was not the best time as she was resting in her bed for a nap. But that didn't phase me, I just climbed up in the bed with her. She knew good and well we had to take a selfie together as is our tradition! While I was there, a nurse came and took her blood pressure and it was very low. The nurse proceeded to tell me that grandma really had not been eating or drinking much.


On Sunday I made sure to go and see her mid morning hoping she would be more alert. She was sleeping  in her recliner when I arrived but after about 30 minutes she was a little more alert. We chatted some, took pictures, I told her how much I loved her and then l left. I know grandma has all surprised us in the past, however I feel her time on this earth is nearing the end. As much as that saddens me, I can't help but think how fortunate our family has been to have her with us as long as we have. 


A bit later it was time for the Fourth of July parade. As is tradition, the boys were decked out in their Fourth of July gear.



Later, there were water balloon fights and games for the kids, which the boys had fun playing. 



And of course, what is the Fourth of July without fireworks? The really do put on a great show at Buckhorn!


Yesterday, dad found me a furry friend to play with. If you ever have the opportunity to hold a tarantula, DO IT!! It feels really neat walking up your arm! Too bad the boys in my family were too chicken to hold it!


We had a great time visiting, playing pickle ball and eating homemade ice cream. It is always a great time going to Kerrville!


No comments:

Post a Comment