Sunday, July 18, 2021

My Grandma 12/25/1914 - 07/17/2021

I received a phone call from my mother last night just after I went to bed, letting me know that my sweet and amazing grandmother had passed. I knew when I saw her a few weeks ago, that it was most likely the last time we would be together here on earth. While I am so very saddened that she is no longer with us, I rejoice in the fact that she has met her maker and is with so many of her friends and family who have gone before her. We are so very fortunate that we have had her in our lives for so long. I remember when she was in her early 90's and we would joke about her living to be 100. She would always tell me she had no desire to live that long, and not only did she see 100, but died at the age of 103.5. I am truly blessed to have so many sweet memories with her.

My Aunt Sue with her days before her passing.



This was the back door to the basement of her
house in Rolla. My dad moved into this
house when he was 17 and a senior in high
school. Thereare so many stories
 behind that door.


This look is one she would give my dad when
he would say something ornery to her.





No comments:

Post a Comment