Sunday, May 17, 2020

Quarantined - Week 9

This week has consisted of school, soccer tryouts, riding bikes on the trails, picking up the boy's school work and supplies from school, slime making, ''real" haircuts and celebrating my birthday. 

When Casen went to baseball, Camden and I headed to the trails and then when Camden went to soccer (which started back Monday) Casen and I went to the trails. We had lots of fun exploring new parts of the trail.



Camden had soccer tryouts on Monday and Wednesday, which looked very different than any other tryout he has had, thanks to COVID. Each boy had to sanitize their hands with hand sanitizer before entering the field. They were each assigned a 6 foot square box where they were to put their soccer bag and to remain in for the tryout. They were not allowed to touch their ball with their hands, only their feet. Camden said he was not nervous at all, which was good. He made U11 gold again, which was expected as several weeks ago all the parents who have boys born in 2010 had a Zoom meeting with the coaches to discuss how they envisioned the teams from this point forward. For the past several years a hand full of the boys, including Camden, have played up a division, meaning they played with the boys born in 2009. They were wanting that handful of boys to no longer play up so that they teams would even out and they would have a strong U11 team. They still want the boys to play with those born in 2009, which is great, so it looks like Camden's main team will be the U11 gold and he will also play up on the U12 gold team. That should definitely keep him busy on the weekends!

Wednesday, the boys and I headed up to school to pick up their items that were left in the classroom as well as drop off library books. It was hard to believe that everything they had at school fit in a brown paper bag. Camden received his art work, however Casen will not receive his until next school year.


This is Camden's last year at Willow Creek Elementary, as next school year he moves to his daddy's intermediate school. Instead of having fun step-up party pics, I instead took pics of he and his brother in front of the school.





Once we got home, we made some puffy slime and then headed to get haircuts since the salons finally opened back up this week. Everyone was glad to get their ears lowered!





We (meaning I) had a slight issue with the pepper plant. It has been looking great and has several peppers on it. We have been wondering when the largest one, which we have been watching for weeks, was going to turn red. So I was looking at it and touched it to turn it a little and it pulled right off the vine. I felt horrible. Regardless, I cleaned it and Camden ate some of it, although he said it wasn't as sweet as it should have been. I vowed to no longer touch any of the peppers from here on out!


Today was my 47th birthday . . . ugh!!! So not a fan of birthdays, although I guess I should be glad I am alive to celebrate them. Earlier this week I got a new bike for my birthday so our family can go ride the bike trails together. I was able to go and eat lunch with two women who I adore earlier this week and then today I received Tiff's Treats from two different friends who obviously know me very well!!! I spent the day finishing a 2000 piece puzzle that I have been working on a month! I was bound and determined to get the darn thing done and finally did! We went and ate Mexican food at our favorite restaurant and then had ice cream cake once we returned home! 

The 2000 piece puzzle that has been giving me grief!




"M" for mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment