Saturday, March 16, 2019

Spring Break 2019

This week has been Spring Break for us. We were all so ready to have a week off from school where we could relax and not worry about sports or school. We did not do anything huge, but did go to the movies to see How to Train Your Dragon 3 and then went to Kerrville for a few days to enjoy the grandparents.
Grandpa teaching the boys how to tie a fishing knot.


We tried our luck at fishing, but there was
a storm the night before and the fish weren't biting. 
Dad, Mom and I went and visited with grandma for awhile. We had a fun time playing dominos while laughing and joking with grandma. We truly spent the majority of our time laughing - I absolutely adore times like these. I know just how blessed I am to still have my grandma around at my age and value ever ounce of time I have with her.



Since the weather was beautiful, we decided to go to visit Enchanted Rock on Thursday. It was neat to be able to climb this huge granite rock and look at the 360 degree views of the hill country from the top. Camden especially loved climbing the rock and was ready to climb it more than once!




Some of the climb was pretty steep.
It was very windy at the top.


Beautiful view from the top.






Shane, the boys and I went back to visit grandma one last time before we left on Friday. We again played dominoes with her. I must throw it in for posterity, because it doesn't happen often, that I won dominoes both days we played. Woo Hoo!!!!



We came back to Cypress on Friday for Casen to go to a birthday party for one of his baseball teammates over the weekend. It was great to relax and prepare for the last few months of school. Luckily, it won't be long before summer is upon us!

No comments:

Post a Comment