Friday, May 22, 2015

Pre-Kindergarten Graduation

About a month ago, Camden was sent home with an invitation to his Pre-K Graduation. Talk about a reality check. Ready or not, it really was going to happen, but I had a month to prepare myself.



Well, today was the day and he was so excited. I on the other hand was a crying mess once the ceremony started. All the 'norms' we have known since he was 7 months old are all about to change and as ready as I am, there is a part of me that just can't believe the time is here.

My handsome graduate
The program started with the kids reciting the Pledge Of Allegiance as well as the Texas Pledge and then they sang multiple songs that showed different things they have learned while in Pre-K. 
 


The teachers then showed an awesome slide presentation with pictures of the kids through out the year while they changed into their cap and gown.







And then it was time for them to receive their diplomas.



Mrs. Kathy has been Camden's teacher all year long. She has worked at the Early Learning Center  for years and was also Mason and Braden's Pre-K teacher.  Ms. Brenda has been Camden's other teacher for about 3 or 4 months, and though she was there just a short period of time, Camden really did enjoy her and he always talks about how she is constantly playing with them.
 
Mrs. Kathy presenting Camden
his diploma

Camden's graduating class. 

Ms. Kathy with Melissa, Braden and Mason




















Me and my graduate!
Camden was very fortunate to have so many of his family show up for his graduation. Every time he sees the picture with everyone that was at his graduation he can't believe how many people came. I tell him all the time how fortunate he is to have a family that loves and cares about him. I pray he always realizes that!


Grandma and Grandpa Key with the boys

And of course we had to get a picture of Camden with Mrs. Caroline. She honestly has been my true constant ever since day one. She took care of Camden when he was in the infant room, moved up to the toddler room when he did and then when Casen came along she moved back to the infant room, then moved up with Casen to the toddler room and then this year to the 2's. I was hoping and praying she would have moved up to the 3's with Casen, but Casen has some 'challenging' kiddos in his room and she needs a break from then - which I completely understand. The good thing is, she will still be at the center and will see Casen daily and make sure he is behaving himself. Ms. Caroline has truly LOVED my children - even when they were unlovable. I never once worried about dropping them off at their school, knowing that regardless of what was going on, Ms. Caroline was there to love on them. I honestly hope she knows what a blessing she has been to not only our boys but to Shane and I as well.




















A picture that Ms. Caroline had taken today
with all the kids (minus Nina) who she
started with in the infant room.
Camden received some fun things for graduation gifts, including a Lego set from us, a graduation dog with money from Melissa and her family, and money from Grandma and Grandpa Key. Like I said, he is very loved!

\

Camden, I honestly can't believe that you are about to enter into Kindergarten. We are so very proud of you and everything you have learned. I pray that you always love school and don't let your shyness hold you back from anything. I am certain that before we know it, we will be celebrating your high school graduation. So your much will happen between now and then and I can't wait to watch your life unfold. We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment