Saturday, November 29, 2014

Much to Be Thankful For


This year my sister and her family and our family all decided to go to my parents to celebrate Thanksgiving with them in Kerrville. I believe it has been since 2010 since we have gone to their place for Thanksgiving so I was thrilled, as I usually am going to Kerrville. We arrived on Wednesday and of course started getting our Christmas lists together for some Black Friday shopping on-line, which mainly started in the wee hours of Thursday morning.

Our time there was spent with good eating and fun times with everyone all together. Thursday evening we headed down to the barn to have Thanksgiving dinner with about 250 other people. But first, we were able to take a family picture with everyone together.


The way they have it organized is they draw tables and that is the order you go in to get your food, which is potluck along with the provided turkey and mashed potatoes. Well luck of the draw would have it, we were the last table to go, which if memory serves me correct, the same held true four years ago when we were there. Regardless, we still had great food!


The McAnears
The Hoods
Melissa and Grandma Key

I spent a little time on Friday getting pictures of the boys for our Christmas card - as always that was a treat (said sarcastically). One of my favorites was of them in the leaves - the pure joy of children playing in leaves! Although I did not use this picture (as Casen would not cooperate) I love the colors.


No comments:

Post a Comment