Sunday, June 15, 2014

Summer Fun #1 - Sea World and Grandma and Grandpa's

Since school is out, it is time for us all to have a little fun! This year, Sea World had a promotion where teachers could get a year pass for free and Pre-School kids could do the same. Since Casen is under three, he is free, so that meant we could all go to Sea World and only have to pay for my ticket. Sounded like a reasonable deal to me, especially since I LOVE theme parks! So on Thursday after I had my yearly girly appointments, we headed to Kerrville to stay with my parents. On Friday we got up and headed to Sea World in San Antonio. We rented a double stroller so that we could push the boys around and headed to see all the shows and attractions. Our first stop was Shamu Express, a roller coaster for kiddos. 


Next stop, the carousel. Casen was too chicken to ride an actual horse, so he and Shane rode in a seated area on the carousel.


We then stopped to watch the Sesame Street Gang preform a show. Afterwards, we took a picture with Grover and Abby.


Our next stop was to visit the penguins. The boys loved watching them dive in the water and swim.


Now it was show time! 'One Ocean' was a show with Shamu and other killer whales. We made sure to avoid the splash zone because Camden did not want to get wet.




We then headed to see the seals. I just love those guys. They seem to always have so much personality!


Camden then decided it was time for another ride. This time, Daddy got to ride it with him. Camden thought it was really fun!


Our next stop was 'Cannery Row Caper' which had sea lions, otters and a walrus. It was a funny show and kept the boys entertained.


We left that show and headed over to my favorite, 'Azul'. It features beluga whales, dolphins, macaw parrots, and neat aquatic acrobats. 




By the time we did all of that it was around 4:15. Everyone had done and seen what they wanted to do. Last stop though, was the souvenir shop. Casen took no time at all picking out exactly what he wanted, and Camden was not too far behind. For Casen a dolphin and Camden, Shamu.

Their final Sea World picture.
It was not too long at all before the boys were out.



On Saturday we pretty much just hung out at Grandma and Grandpa's house playing and swimming. Great Grandma Key came over so she could spend a little time with us all. As always, it was so good to see her.



On Saturday evening we went bat watching - if
you look closely you will see one on the
 middle right side of the picture.
Today was Father's Day and I was glad to be able to spend it with my two favorite Dads - mine and my children's! I am fortunate that my boys have a great man in their life that they call Dad, just as I do.







No comments:

Post a Comment