Monday, December 3, 2012

Dairy Intolerant No More!!!

I have been more than ready to have dairy ever since the day I quit consuming it on July 1st. As you recall, Casen has been dairy intolerant and since I have continued to breast feed, dairy had to be eliminated from my diet. I did this with Camden as well, but for some reason had more success this go around. However, I have been missing a lot of the things I love. I had initially told myself that I was going to quit breastfeeding by Thanksgiving so I could enjoy all the good eats, but I just couldn't bring myself to it. After not being able to have all the good pies and food at Thanksgiving, I decided I would definitely be done with it by the time Christmas was here. I thought I would give Casen one last try with dairy before I quit, just in case. . .  So, several days ago I got out a 2 ounce bag of frozen breast milk that was dated from June and mixed it with 5 ounces of dairy free breast milk and gave it to Casen. I sat back and anxiously waited to see the misery I thought I was about to cause him,. Much to my surprise, it didn't seem to phase him. So, Saturday when Shane and I went on our date, I ordered a sandwich that had cheese on it and was served on a pretzel bun. Again, no reaction from it. So tonight I decided to go big. Monday night is always pizza night at our house, so I consumed 3 pieces of pepperoni pizza and again, no reaction from Casen!!! Woo Hoo!!!!!

Luckily, the 6 month marker was the magic age for Casen. Now we can both benefit from this great turn of events - Casen can still get breast milk and I can enjoy all the great dairy filled things I love!


No comments:

Post a Comment