Thursday, December 13, 2012

6 Month Check Up

Today was Casen's six month appointment with Dr. Worrell. He has been sick the past several days with a croupy cough and runny nose, so I called this morning to make sure they would still give him his shots before I showed up and they assured me that if he has not been running fever, then they would go ahead with his immunizations. So I picked up both the boys from school a bit early and headed to his doctor's appointment. He weighed in at 16 pounds 7ounces and was 27 1/2 inches long. He is in the 82nd% for height and 27th% for weight. When Dr. Worrell listened to his lungs he questioned me if Camden was a 'wheezer' when he was an infant, which he was, and I told him we still used a Flovent inhaler during this time of year for Camden. I also told him that Casen was currently receiving Albuterol breathing treatments four times a day, which he recommended I continue for the cough/wheezing and he suggested I go ahead and use the inhaler on Casen as well until about April and then I could stop it until later on in the year. How did I end up with two 'wheezers'??? I informed him about Casen now tolerating dairy and asked him if I should continue with soy formula or try something else and he said that he recommended I try to get him off of soy formula as soon as possible and go with something milk based. So I will probably wait for the holidays to try milk based formula.

Casen received his immunizations while at the doctor and got an oral immunization as well as two shots in the right leg and one in the left. Of course he cried when she was administering them, but quickly quit crying after I held him, thank goodness!


As for an update on how Casen is doing - well he is GREAT!!! He loves to smile and 'talk' and is an awesome eater. He still is only drinking about 30 ounces a day (about 6 ounces being formula and the rest being breast milk) and is now eating stage 2 foods twice a day. He pretty much likes everything I have fed him, which is anything they offer in stage 1 and stage 2 foods. To be honest, I was not the best at introducing a food and then waiting three or four days before introducing a new one. I would try it for a day and if no reaction, well then great, we will add yet another. I know, what a great mother/nurse! He is still a great sleeper and usually goes to bed between 7:30 and 8:00 pm and on a school day wakes up at 6:15, and on the weekends sometime between 7:00 and 8:00 am. He usually wakes up very chatty and sometimes will talk for awhile and fall back asleep if I don't go in and get him. He is doing really well at sitting up and LOVES to look at himself in the mirror. He also enjoys Camden so much and watches him and 'talks' to him any chance he gets. He still sucks on his two middle fingers to pacify himself and also loves to get in the jumper and jump, jump, jump!

He loves those two fingers!

No comments:

Post a Comment