Sunday, October 23, 2011

Unexpected But Good News

For those of you who know me, my desire to have a family has always been a priority in my life. With the birth of Camden 20 months ago my dream had definitely been fulfilled. After Camden turned one I would hint around to Shane that we needed another child because I did not want Camden to be an only child. I had several reasons for not wanting an only child. First, I enjoyed and still enjoy having a sister and being an aunt to her children. Also, I do not want Camden to be here alone if something were to happen to Shane and me. I just can't imagine him having to deal with that on his own. Obviously with our situation the past year, it was not a good time to have another child. Then Shane started his new job teaching which has been nothing but stress and disappointment, which is another story in itself. All that being said, we had not visited the idea of having a second child. Now I will say that I had been praying for several months for God to either remove my desire to have another child or to soften Shane's heart to the idea of another child. Well let me just say that God answered that prayer in an unexpected way. Even though we, with everything that was going on in our lives did not feel we were ready, God saw otherwise and we are now expecting our second child.

No comments:

Post a Comment