Thursday, August 4, 2011

The University of Alabama vs. The University of Texas

As you could imagine, Shane has been trying to ingrain the University of Alabama into Camden's head. Since moving into our home Shane has been able to put out some of his UA memorabilia. Along with that came teaching Camden how to say Roll Tide. Now he can say 'Roll' and he can say 'Tide', but when he puts it together, it is "Ride!" with a right handed fist pump. Anytime he sees the University of Alabama 'A' or the elephant mascot, he yells out "Ride!" Well, the minute I noticed that his daddy had taught him 'Roll Tide' I knew I had to start working on 'Hook 'Em Horns'. So I have worked on getting his fingers in the appropriate longhorn position along with teaching him 'Hook 'Em Horns.' He gets the gist, however, when he attempts to say 'Hook 'Em Horns' and do the appropriate gesture, he is only able to point his pointer finger and the words that come out of his mouth are 'Du Doo!' You could only imagine the delight that my husband takes in this!!! Shane actually belly laughs when Camden says 'Du Doo!' I can assure, I will continue to work on getting the appropriate words out of his mouth. Perhaps as he is walking into the house and stepping on the University of Alabama door mat, instead of looking at it and yelling 'Ride!' he instead can say 'Du Doo!'

1 comment:

  1. Why not Gig 'Em? Ha!

    Loved seeing you over the weekend. I so wish we could have chatted MORE and in a setting that was conducive to having a conversation!

    ReplyDelete