Thursday, August 11, 2011

20 Year Class Reunion

As much as I hate to admit it, and honestly can't believe it, I attended my 20 year class reunion this past weekend. I will tell you, I struggled trying to decide if I would actually attend the festivities or not and did not even commit to going until this past Tuesday. I am not sure what my reservations were, except for the fact that I figured it would still be very clickish and I had no idea as to what I would wear, since the dress was casual attire. Well, I am happy to say that I am glad we decided to go so that I could catch up with some of my old and dear friends!

The reunion festivities started Saturday afternoon at Spinnin' Wheels Roller Rink. Ahh, that place brings back some memories! It was the family get together and it was great seeing everyone there. It was definitely a more relaxed atmosphere at the skating rink, and I honestly enjoyed that more than the evening festivities. It is amazing seeing people my age with teenagers! I know we were late having Camden, but boy it definitely slaps you in the face when you see some of your classmates with middle school and teenage kids. Oh well, I wouldn't change a thing! Camden enjoyed dancing and singing to the music that was playing. He danced under the lights on this little dance floor they have for well over an hour! He is so funny.

Camden, me, and my best friend in middle school, Jeannie

Erica, Joy, Me, Jeannie and Jodi

Later that evening, several of my high school girl friends met up at Erica's parents house. I definitely felt better about meeting up with them prior to heading to the Country Club.

Me, Erica, Amy and Kizmi

We then all made our way to the Country Club where we had a dinner and dancing (if you so chose to do-which I did not). I enjoyed visiting with my old classmates, but I must say, several of them have not changed a bit (and that is not in a good way). Even at our twenty year reunion, people are trying to impress others and apparently have not realized that they are almost 40 years old. I did, however, get to catch up with some of my friends that I went to school with for almost half of my life. It was so great catching up and seeing what each of them have become as well as hearing how their families are doing. Luckily, Shane went to school with one of my friend's husbands, so they were able to sit and catch up and entertain one another while we visited with our friends.

Some of the girls

Me and Jeannie - love her!!!

Me, Chrissy, Earl and Alicia
My friends from Presbyterian Day School - we have known each other a LONG time!

My great date!


No comments:

Post a Comment