Friday, August 12, 2011

18 Month Appointment

I knew my baby was growing, but after his measurements were taken at his 18 month appointment today, it was apparent all his good eating is paying off. I had to work today, so Shane took him for his appointment. He weighed 24 pounds 15 ounces, which is an increase of 3 pounds exactly from his 15 month visit, and now he is in the 36th percentile for weight. He was 34 inches long, which was a 2 1/2 inch increase from his last visit, and that puts him in the 90th percentile for height. He may have tried to stay small his first year, but his second year he is taking off and his momma couldn't be any prouder. However, I will say that my baby boy is growing entirely too fast. I can't believe how he changes daily, be it with new words or new things he does. This week he started getting off of the couch by himself, and has been able to get on the couch by himself 3 times!

Shane did ask the doctor about the issue of his left foot pronating in since we are going for an orthotics visit on Tuesday, and he felt that he could possibly use some type of support in his shoe but does not see the need for us to do anything with an orthopedist until he is two or so and we do not see improvement. I have faith that with time this issue will resolve itself, so for the time being I am not fretting over that issue! Also, the doctor asked Shane about the medicine that Camden takes for his reflux and Shane told him we were considering weening him off of it to see how he does. The doctor said that basically he has already weened himself off since we have not increased the dosage since it was started, so basically we can just quit giving it to him. Yea!!

Something else exciting that has been going on, but I have been afraid to post for fear it would not last, is he has been off of his Miralax for exactly 2 weeks today and has been pooping like a champ!!! No constipation and no problems. It is so exciting!!! See what I mean about my baby growing up?


No comments:

Post a Comment