Friday, November 12, 2010

Mixed Emotions

Today when we went to pick up Camden from daycare, I went to his cubby just as I do everyday. But this time, there were nothing but girl clothes in there. A bit perplexed, I looked at one of the teachers and she informed me that his cubby had been moved to the other end because on Monday, he was moving to the other room. (Other room being with the bigger kids) Now, I realize that this is originally where he started because it is the 6 month to 12 month old room, and since he is 9 months that is where he should be, but I am sad. My baby boy is growing oh so fast and I guess I am just not ready. Part of me can't wait for him to be walking and talking and exploring the world in a whole new light, but the other part of me just wants him to stay small so I can hold him, feed him myself and protect him from all the bad things in our world. Selfish, I know, but it is my reality. I look at my nephews daily and see all the wonderful things that being a mother of older children will bring. I can only imagine the pride my sister feels in how well she and Shawn have raised their boys. They make great grades, have good manners, are funny, and basically are just wonderful. They enjoy their boys in a completely different way than you enjoy an infant. I look forward to that, but I know how much I miss the way he was just 3 months ago, so I can 't even imagine when he is say two, three, or eleven for that matter. For the time being, I guess I will just focus on him being 9 months and absorb every ounce of enjoyment that I can.


No comments:

Post a Comment