Friday, November 5, 2010

I Should Have Known

On Tuesday, I had to stay late at work and Shane went and picked up Camden from daycare. At 5:00 pm, while on my way home, I received a call from Shane telling me that Camden felt hot to him so he took his temperature and found it to be 99.9. I instructed him to given Camden Tylenol and see how he did. By 6:00 pm he was still hot, and his temperature increased to 100.7. I gave him Motrin, fed him, and put him to bed. Around 2:15 am I got up and checked on him and he did not feel hot, so I was relieved. However, by 6:20 am when I went to wake him for school, he again felt hot and his temperature was 101.4. Now here is the part I hate to admit, I medicated my child and sent him to school. Yes, this is something I said I would never do, but since he had no other symptoms what so ever, we decided to do it. I waited the majority of the day for his daycare to call me, and they never did. But when Shane picked him up, he again was hot and when we got home, he was 101.9. So he again was medicated and sent to bed sometime after 7:00 pm. Now I know some of you are probably questioning why daycare did not catch him feeling hot, but with him being bald, his head always feels hot. It took us awhile to get used to this and know that it was his norm to feel hot and not check his temperature every time we turned around. As a matter of fact, when he started daycare, they too commented on him feeling hot, so today it probably did not phase them. Anyway, Thursday morning, he clapped and yelled "Yea!!!" the minute I walked into his room. I definitely knew he felt better and was relieved. Perhaps he already knew what I was yet to find out.



Well, tonight, before putting Camden to bed, I decided to check out his mouth to make sure no swelling of the gums was noted. He had been chewing on things a bit more over the past few days, and I had looked in his mouth but had noticed no redness or swelling. So I felt around and lo and behold, felt a tooth. Melissa helped me shine a light in his mouth and there it was, Camden's first tooth! I should have known!!! No wonder he had fever. What a great 9 month birthday present!




Camden's first tooth!


Another first happened for Camden today! About a month ago, we had bought him a shopping cart cover but every time we have gone to the store, he has been asleep so we just left him in his carrier. Tonight, we went out to eat with Shawn, Melissa, Mason and Braden and afterwards went by Wal-Mart and Camden was wide awake so he was able to experience sitting in the shopping cart. I must say, he absolutely loved it. He played and had a great time people watching!




Enjoying being a big boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment