Sunday, October 24, 2010

Helpless

Today was not a fun day for Camden nor myself. For Camden it first started at church when we left him in the nursery for the first time. I checked on him 20 minutes into the service and was informed that he would fuss a little and then was fine. I knew that he would pretty much act like that because it was normally his nap time. After church when I went to pick him up out of the nursery, I was informed that he had cried off and on. When we got in the car and headed to go eat, he fell asleep right away and I knew he had had a rough morning. Shane and I ate lunch and then we headed home so Shane could go referee soccer games, and so that I could feed Camden his lunch and then head out shopping for the weeks groceries and other personal items we needed. After Camden finished his lunch, we headed to Kohls and picked up a few items for Camden and then headed to Target. He fell asleep on the way to Target, so I kept him in his car seat so he could sleep while I shopped. He woke up just as I had only 2 things left on my list and looked around and then projectile vomited, twice! I cleaned up the best I could with his diaper rag, picked up the last item I needed and headed to check out. He was covered in vomit, bless his heart. I put the items we purchased in the car, and headed home. We weren't 2 minutes out of the Target parking lot, when he started projectile vomiting again. Now, he had a double layer of vomit all over him! We got home and headed straight to the bath tub. He seemed to be feeling a touch better. But of course, not 20 minutes later, he vomited yet again, but this time just a little bile. Then for the next few hours he dry heaved every 30 to 40 minutes. Talk about feeling helpless. There is nothing I could do as a mother, but sit there with a diaper rag to catch whatever came my way. And of course cuddle with him, even though I knew he felt absolutely miserable. Finally, around 5:30 pm he was a new baby - of course right after his daddy got home. He was happy and laughing and having a good time. We gave him some watered down pear juice and he sucked it down like no body's business. I then gave him a Mum-Mum which he ate up, and then some applesauce mixed with cereal so he would have something to stick to his ribs. As I write this, he has been in bed since 7:30 pm and I have not heard a peep from him. I keep praying that it was a short lived virus and that he will be back in action in the morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment