Friday, February 9, 2024

Night to Shine 2024

Tonight Camden and I participated in Tim Tebow's Night to Shine. This event is an annual prom on the Friday before Valentine's Day intended to show the love of God to guests with special needs. I will tell you though that it is those who volunteer that feel the love of God. It truly is an amazing night for everyone involved. This was my second year to participate and Camden's first (since you have to be 14 in order to volunteer). 

My guy - so grateful for his servant heart
Mary, Gail and me

My other medical buddies -
Melissa and Makensie 

Camden's assignment was cheering on the guests as they walk the red carpet, while mine was to be a medical buddy for any guest whose parent/guardian felt they needed a medical professional to be with them throughout the night. There were more medical buddies than individuals who needed them, so I ended up not being assigned to an individual. I instead went and hung out with Camden and Mary on the red carpet.  

While I was inside, Mary sent me
this sweet pic.



Camden and I are both looking forward to next year where we can again take part in such a special event. 


No comments:

Post a Comment