Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Time with Grandma and Grandpa

As they do each summer, the boys spent time in Kerrville at my parents. Shane met my parents on Monday and handed the boys over for their week long visit. The boys enjoy going to Kerrville and spending time outside swimming, playing pickleball and whatever else my parents have in store for them. They love playing pickleball and each morning committed to getting up and being at the courts by 8:00am to play with the group. I appreciate the adults that allow them to join in their games and play with them. 

On Thursday they headed to Cave Without a Name in Boerne. The boys really enjoyed it!


Shane and I headed to Kerrville on Saturday to spend a little time with my parents before bringing the boys back home. Since we are currently dog sitting for my sister, we had the back seats occupied with pups. 

My dad said that the boys have really improved in playing pickleball and encouraged us to go and watch them. So, we all got up Sunday morning and went and played some pickleball. They then played with the folks they have been playing with all week. They ARE definitely improving!



Since it was Fourth of July weekend, they had some different festivities, including smores! So yummy!!

And, our summer trip wouldn't be complete without homemade ice cream. I swear I could eat my weight in that yummy deliciousness!


Since I needed to get back to work tomorrow, we stayed long enough for the boys to participate in the parade before we headed home. They rode on one of my parents neighbors golf carts and threw candy at all the spectators.


The boys enjoyed their time in Kerrville. I wouldn't be surprised if when I take this picture next year that one of my boys ends up being taller than my parents. 


No comments:

Post a Comment