Saturday, July 15, 2023

Pine Cove 2023

Last Sunday we headed to Columbus, Texas to drop the boys off at Pine Cove. While this is Camden's third year there, this will be Casen's first year. They both were excited and have been looking forward to this week for quite some time. As we pull


Camden was a bit frustrated that they were going to be at the same camp and was upset that I didn't schedule them to go different weeks. One day when he is older with a family of his own, perhaps he will understand. ;)


Camden wanted to get there early so he could choose a top bunk. He is rooming with his same 4 friends that he has roomed with the past two years, Cole, Trennan, and Tyce. Casen's friend, Evan, will be going to camp and they will room in the same cabin. 



Cole, Camden, Tyce and Seconds

After we got Camden dropped off in his cabin and met his counselor, Seconds, we made it over to Casen's cabin so he too could grab a good bunk location. After getting his bed made up, we met his counselor, Dojo. After a bit, Evan arrived and after grabbing a pic of them together, we headed home


Before we left, I snapped a pic of Camden on 
the pickle ball court.

I spent the week while they were gone, waiting for Pine Cove to post pics of my boys in the app. I will be honest, this year I think the photographers were a bit biased in their picture taking as there were WWAAAAAYYYY more pictures of girls than boys everyday. I think it took until Wednesday for me to even see one picture of Casen. I was so grateful to finally see proof of life! They spent a lot of time playing wiffle ball and dodge ball. Camden finally ziplined this year, since he now knows how fun it is. They both got along with all of their cabin mates and enjoyed their counselors. Camden said his counselor was very laid back and enjoyed how well behaved his group was.


I asked Casen to make sure his hair didn't
look like a mess, so sweaty hair slicked to the
side is what we get. 



The first nights theme night was favorite 
sports team. While Camden did not participate,
Casen of course did!










The first year we picked up Camden from camp, we got in trouble for arriving first thing in the morning. He had wanted to stay longer. (Of course, last year I had COVID so he was picked up by a friend.) So this year, I made sure we were not one of the first ones to arrive. When we arrived, all of Camden's friends had left and he questioned what had taken us so long. Of course he did not remember asking us to come later two years ago. . . guess next year I will make sure to show up first thing. Fortunately, Tyce's mom took a group pics this morning. 




















One of my favorite things is when we arrive for pick up and the counselor reveals the character traits they feel represent our child. This year, the traits Seconds picked for Camden were capable, intentional, and relaxed. I love how as he matures, the traits that are used to describe him reveal that he is also maturing in his relationship with the Lord.

Camden and Seconds

The character traits Dojo picked for Casen were kind, polite and relaxed. They definitely describe Casen to a tee!


As you may recall in my last post, the day before the boys left for camp, I made them both mini bundt cakes to take a long with a box of snacks. On our way to camp, I reminded the boys they were in the trunks and to make sure and share with their cabin mates. I also reminded them that they had letters in their trunks that were each clearly marked as to what day to open them. They had an actual physical letter to open on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, while they would receive a digital letter on Tuesday and Thursday. Well, apparently, Casen missed every bit of that conversation because on the way home when I asked them how their bundt cakes were, Casen said he didn't get any. OMG!! Seriously child? Well of course, when we got home, what do you think I easily found in his trunk? Not only did I find his bundt cakes, nicely covered in mold, I also found his three unopened letters. Now let me tell you where these letters were located - they were in his snack box, of which he ate the majority of his snacks. That boy!!!! Guess we know were his focus lies.




Nina was very happy to have her sleeping partner home.


While at camp, Casen lost another tooth. Apparently, the tooth fairy doesn't visit Pine Cove. LOL


And of course, so I can have them always, below are the letters from my boys. Without looking at the names, you can probably guess who wrote which notes based on the length. At least after reading the, I was reassured that they were having a good time. 





They both said they had a wonderful time and are looking forward to going back next year. Camden will be moving on to the Ridge (which he was able to spend a little time there one day this past week) and is looking forward to not being at the same place with Casen. I think Casen won't miss him being there either.

Tonight, after Camden took his hower, he came down the stairs proclaiming that he needs to be a preacher! He said while he was in the shower, he was preaching the word and sang two worship songs and sounded good! Only God knows what his future holds, but perhaps he becomes a preaching engineer! LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment