Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Staircase Update

One of the things I have never been a huge fan of in our home is the stairwell. There were three main things I disliked about it:
  1. Carpet on the stairs
  2. The hand rail on the wall
  3. The fact that it felt very closed in
As with all things I do to the house, it took me awhile to pull the trigger, but I finally did. The project started in April and just got finished up. Due to us needing to be out of the house for several days in order for them to stain the stairs, we felt it best that we do it during a time the boys were gone since they are the ones that go up and down the stairs. They were going to finish them in July when the boys were going to go to my parent's, however since I had COVID and that trip got cancelled, we waited until we were gone to Florida.

Before photos:




In progress photos:





I absolutely loved the natural wood and 
wished it could have stayed that color


Finished photos:




The update opened up the space and to me, looks cleaner! Just what I was going for. Next up, new flooring upstairs!

No comments:

Post a Comment