Sunday, June 6, 2021

Graduation Weekend

It is so hard to believe that my sister now has her second high school graduate. Braden graduated today and will be heading to Oklahoma State University in the Fall to study architecture- Go Pokes! Despite COVID, Braden has had an amazing and successful senior year. Definitely one for the books. I am so glad we live close to my sister so that we can be a part of my nephews lives. It has been such a joy to watch them grow into such successful, kind, smart young men.


We were so fortunate that Melissa received six extra tickets to graduation. Due to COVID, each graduate's family was given six tickets, but with Melissa working at ISC, she was able to snag six more. I was thrilled when she offered four of the tickets to our family. We were hoping the weather would hold off so that the graduation would be held in the stadium where we had assigned seating, however due to the rain, it was moved to inside the Berry Center. Luckily we ended up with good seats and were able to enjoy watching Braden graduate.




While at graduation, my other sister, Marnie, who is the police officer at my school and whom I have grown very close to was able to meet my parents. You see, Marnie tell all the kids at school that we are sisters. Of course they look at us all crazy, but she explains to them that we have different moms, but same dad and that our dad was a rolling stone. LOL! We keep saying we are going to take a picture with dad so we can show the kids. Well, today was the day. I pointed out to Marnie where Dad was sitting and she went and plopped herself beside him and started chatting. 


This evening we spent sometime celebrating Braden at his graduation party. Melissa and Shawn (with some help from the grandparents) did a great job decorating the house in all things Braden. 




No comments:

Post a Comment