Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Fourth of July in Kerrville

As they do each year, the boys went and spent a week with my parents for the Fourth of July. We met my parents in San Marcos on Monday, shopped a little at the outlet mall and then handed off the boys. And, as per usual, they had a great time. They spent their time playing outside, playing with the neighbors dogs, shooting BB guns, swimming, staying up late and eating some great food.

My mom sent me this pic within 5 minutes
of them getting to their home.
Fourth of July Parade



On Saturday I dove up so that I too could spend some time in Kerrville having some fun. I too got to enjoy good food, fun times outside, morning walks with my mom and boys and of course time with my wonderful grandma.

They boys love to go swimming and went to the pool daily. They even got to go later one evening and swim as the sun was setting.
Camden laughing at his brother
Casen doing flips





















One night there was a star watching party and Camden was in hog heaven. They got to see Saturn and its rings as well as Jupiter and learn a little about the planets and all their moons.





They boys loved going up on the hill and shooting BB guns with grandpa. They of course had to show me how great they were doing at hitting targets and encouraged me to try my luck. Let me just say, their aim is far better than mine . . .




I was aiming for the cat head and got it!!!


Playing cards with my grandma has been and will always be one of my favorite things to do. We played Rummy and while it stayed very close, in the end I finally beat her. Can't say that very often . . .

When the boys went with me to see grandma, we played Crazy 8's.

Pickle ball with grandpa
 A snake we saw on one of our morning walks.
My happy place.
















Did I mention good food? We always eat good when we go to my parents. Dad smoke a brisket for me to bring home and we had the most delicious homemade ice cream topped with crushed butterfingers and chocolate syrup. YUMMY!!!






This last picture is one I will cherish. When the boys are at my parents, they love to play by the pond. They always sit on this one certain rock with their 'guys' and play (if you look back in the first picture in this post, that is their spot). Their 'guys' pretty much stay out by the pond the whole week the boys are there, as they go back and forth playing with them. I know these days are short lived, as they will out grow their 'guys' but the memories and time spent on this rock will always remain.



No comments:

Post a Comment