Thursday, July 25, 2019

A Whole New World

We have been trying for years to get the boys how to learn their bikes without training wheels. We have practiced off and on, but they never really showed interest and I think were petrified of falling off their bikes. At the beginning of this year, Camden told me that his New Year's Resolution was to learn to ride both his skateboard as well as his bike. He had conquered the skateboard, but had not even attempted the bike.

The mornings this week have been beautiful and unseasonably cool, which was great for spending time outside. Camden was riding his skateboard and scooter and I again asked him if he wanted to learn to ride his bike. He quickly answered no, but then decided to do a little bargaining with me and asked if he learned to ride his bike if he could have his iPad back, which had been taken from him a few days prior. Without a thought, I said "Yes!" So out to the street we went with him on his bike and me holding on. I want you to know, within minutes he was riding his bike all on his own. I am not sure who was more excited, me or him. He was thrilled because he was getting his iPad back, bet I tell you I think I am the one who won because I can't get that boy off of his bike. I had told him that riding his bike would open up a whole new world for him and he now sees it and can't wait for Casen to learn how to ride now so we can go exploring.





















While Camden and I spent a lot of time outdoors with me taking long walks while he rode his bike, Casen spent his mornings this week at baseball camp. He had a great time and today was his last day and he received an award for Defensive MVP. Lookout fall ball, here he comes!


No comments:

Post a Comment