Monday, December 31, 2018

Post Christmas Kerrville Trip

Since we had not been to Kerrville since the beginning of July, that meant I had not seen my sweet Grandma in almost 6 months. Unacceptable!!!!! So the boys and I packed up on Wednesday and headed to Kerrville for some rest and relaxation!

Take note, Casen is no longer in a car seat!!! We
are now a carseatless family!!! Woo Hoo!!!
The weather was rather cold while we were there, so there was a lot of time playing indoors and relaxing. On Thursday, my Mom, the boys and I headed to see my Grandma to give her her Christmas gift. She was as thrilled to see us as I was to see her. Anytime I go to see my grandma, she is always more than willing to take a selfie with me, however after we take it, she asks to see the picture. We generally end up taking a second picture because either one of us does not like the way we look (according to her she always thinks she looks terrible). This time was no different. As I am taking the second picture, my mother is watching and just cracking up. When I look at the picture, I see why. I am telling Grandma to smile and she gives this half sided cheezy grin. We were all laughing so hard after we saw the picture - Grandma included!! We finally took the third picture, as we were still trying to recover from our laughter - I must say I love that third picture of her. A truly genuine smile/laugh!


Cheese!!!!





















Since it was cold, we spent a lot of time indoors, which meant the boys spent a lot of time watching their iPads, or reading. On Friday, Casen and I headed back to see Grandma Key to visit and play some cards with her. Casen enjoys playing Crazy 8's so we played that and Rummy. Seems as though I need to brush up on my card playing because I got whipped by Casen and Grandma. Casen was the grand winner when we played Crazy 8's and Grandma won when we played Rummy. Some things never change . . . .


I can't tell you how much I love that Casen wants and likes to go play cards with Grandma. I have sooooo many fond memories of my grandma, but one memory all of her grandkids share is of playing cards with her (and getting beat). I am so glad that Casen too will have that memory. He was so sweet  and gentle with pushing her in the wheelchair and when the other residents, who love seeing kids, talked to him, he would kindly oblige and carry on a conversation with him. 


Casen pushing Grandma to the dining room.

When Casen and I got home from seeing Grandma,
we found Camden sound asleep. 

As usual, we had a great time and were not ready to go home. We all agree that we definitely can not wait another 6 months for another visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment