Saturday, March 17, 2018

Spring Break 2018

Honestly, it is hard for me to believe that Spring Break is already upon us. Now don't get me wrong, I am not complaining, it is just hard to believe that summer is right around the corner! I believe our whole family was ready for a week off to relax and enjoy some nice time outdoors.

Our spring break started out with dentist appointments for the boys and me. And of course, since they both had great reports, ice cream was in order. We did get some news about Casen and what his future has in store for him. He apparently will have to have a frenectomy when he is a bit older, after his adult front teeth come in and prior to him getting his braces. A frenectomy is where they go in and cut the frenulum little piece of muscle that connects your upper lip to the center of your gums between your two upper front teeth. It generally causes a large gap between your two front teeth. The braces will fix your gap, however if you do not remove the frenulum, the gap most likely will reoccur.


On Tuesday, we headed to Kerrville to spend some time with my parents. The first day there, the boys made some new green, four legged friends. I must say I was quite shocked when both of them were more than happy to hold the lizards - and for several hours. Camden has always liked lizards, however I have never known Casen to actually hold one until now. I guess it wasn't warm enough for the lizards yet because they were very content for the boys to hold them while they played their iPads. 


Grandpa was trying to get the lizard
to hold onto Casen's earlobe.



On Wednesday, my mom took the boys and myself to the Empty Cross. It really is a beautiful place and the statues there are amazing.  



The boys each wrote on a prayer rock and placed it in the rock garden. 

Casen's prayer read, "I love God."

Camden's prayer was, "Dear God, help me
live in your heart and live peacefully."



After we left the empty cross, we went and visited Grandma Key. She was thrilled to see us just as we were so happy to visit with her!


The rest of our time in Kerrville was spent shopping for Grandma some new clothes, playing outside a lot, fossil hunting and just relaxing. Grandpa even showed the boys how to play pickle ball. As always, we had a great time and look forward to our next visit!

I always make sure and get a selfie with Grandma.




No comments:

Post a Comment