Sunday, March 4, 2018

Bye Bye Basketball

Today marked the last basketball game of the season. And while I am glad that we will now have at least one free night a week now with no basketball practice and will not have to be up and ready for 8:00 a.m. games, I am sad to see it go. It was fun watching Casen learn the game of basketball - he is an awesome defender and puts his all into it! We are still amazed at how far Camden has come since last year, not only in his skill, but in his confidence. He scored a lot of points and had some 'moves'. It was a fun season for the boys!

While some of the pictures are from today, I have included some of my favorites from through out the season. After scouring my pictures, I realized two things:
1.  I need a new camera lens before next basketball season because so many of my action shots are    blurry despite trying different things.
2.  I have more pictures of Casen than Camden - which holds true in soccer as well. Please know I am not playing favorites, it is just Camden's games are more exciting to watch and I find myself watching and yelling from the sidelines instead of taking pictures.

One of the things I love about Upward basketball
is the focus on Jesus. During practice as well as during
halftime of the game, they always focus on a virtue of the week.

Camden running out of the tunnel.

And he makes a basket!

Camden playing against his classmate, Elijah.

Camden and Elijah after the game.


Camden at the end of the season party.
Arm out protection the ball

Hard to shoot a basketball when
everyone is all around you. :)
Cheese!

Casen's classmate from pre-school, Chelsea.
Casen played against her brother. 
Love his serious face - when he is
defending he takes his job seriously.
I had to include the pic of
Casen 'dabbing' (sorry for the blurriness)


Casen helping Coach Michael hand out stars.
My two favorite basketball players.
Nana and Poppa Ron came and watched the boys basketball games as well as Casen's baseball games. We also were able to celebrate Nana's birthday this weekend with some delicious ice cream cake!



















I loved watching Casen play catcher. 


No comments:

Post a Comment