Friday, December 8, 2017

Snow in the Hood

Last night while I was at Bunco, the snow started falling. The prediction was that it could snow, but honestly I don't think many took it seriously. I know I really didn't because let's be honest, how often does it snow in Houston, Texas??? It really was beautiful as it fell in the night. I had a huge dilemma upon my arrival home - do I wake the kids and let them see the snow for fear it won't be there in the morning? I opted for no and prayed it would still be there.
I woke up at 1:22am and took this picture.
Luckily, upon their awakening, they both looked out their windows and saw snow. They were sooooo excited and couldn't wait to get outside and play in it. This time of year it is dark when we leave home for school but since this hardly ever happens, we all left later than we normally do so we played in the dark and in the dusk.




Snow ball fight!!!!



Casen loved eating the snow.
Dad joined in on the snow ball fight.
Let's get the neighbors!!!






Pure joy!

Leaving our neighborhood for work
The perfect shirt for today!

I am so glad the boys were able to experience snow today. They used up most of the snow in our yard making snow balls so we weren't able to build a snowman, but that didn't bother them one bit. It was an unexpected and fun morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment