Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Casen's 5th Birthday

Today my baby boy turns 5. I know I say this every year, but honestly where does the time go? Since he had his big birthday party a few weeks ago, today was a rather mellow day.


He opened his gifts from us, as well as cards he received in the mail. I then took the boys swimming.

One of the main things he wanted was tools!
























After we got cleaned up, we headed to the peanut place (Texas Roadhouse) for supper. Casen and Camden seem to avoid the Mexican restaurant on their birthdays because they do not want whipped creme on their face. We had convinced Casen to let us tell the workers at the Roadhouse that it was his birthday so they could sing to him. When we go there, he informed our waitress himself that it was his birthday. So, don't you know when they showed up with the saddle for him to sit on so they could sing to him, he hid his face in my arm and started crying because he did not want anyone to look at him. I would say that maybe he was just tired from the swimming today, but honestly I think this would have been the same result regardless. Maybe next year he won't mind people singing to him.

No comments:

Post a Comment