Monday, June 20, 2016

Casen's Four Year Check-up

Today I took Casen to see Dr. Worrall for his four year check-up. Prior to them calling him back and weighing him, he and I were guessing on what his weight would be and we both were guessing in the 30's. As I was answering the nurse's questions regarding him, another nurse took him to check his height, weight, vision and hearing. When he came back to the room, I asked him how much he weighed and he proudly told me 45 pounds. I guess we both are not good guessers!

He is progressing just as he should be, if not a little better in the height and weight department. Like I said he weighed 45 pounds which is the 95th% and he was 44 inches in height, which shows to be 99th%, however when the doctor showed me his progression on the chart, he was beyond that. He has really grown over the past year - and believe me, his eating patterns definitely show that! He passed his vision with 20/25 and passed his hearing test. The nurse gave me an asthma questionnaire to answer since the doctor diagnosed him with asthma last year, however he has had no problems what so ever this year with asthma symptoms. Woo Hoo!! I was hoping he would grow out of it. We have been using his Qvar inhaler prophylactically since May and usually use it throught the summer since that has been his 'bad' time, however the doctor said after we stop it this time, do not use it again next year and see how he does. Let's hope after this summer we are done with it!

Several days ago, Casen asked me if he was getting shots at this appointment, and as reluctant as I was to tell him the truth because I did not want him worrying about it, I informed him he was. He acted all excited - apparently he did not remember what it felt like. So I reminded him on the way to the doctor that he was getting some shots and it may hurt a little, but reassured him it would all be ok. He was fine with it and was not the least bit concerned. When the nurse arrived in the room with his shots and I told him he was getting three, he still did not seemed the least bit concerned. Instead he pulled his shorts right up for the nurse and was ready to go. The nurse had him lie down and had me hold his hands, which he couldn't understand why all that had to be done, but he did it anyway. She told him to take deep breaths before each shot, which he gladly did and never once flinched nor cried. He was the perfect patient! He made my job and the nurses so easy! I was super proud of him!!!!


Of course, I asked Casen the same questions I asked him last year to see how things have changed, and here are the results:

1. What is your favorite color?  Yellow, orange and blue
 2. What is your favorite toys? Camden (?)
 3. What is your favorite fruit? Bananas
 4. What is your favorite TV show? A soccer show
 5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Peanut Butter and syrup sandwiches
 6. What is your favorite outfit? Baseball outfit 
 7. What is your favorite game? Soccer
 8. What is your favorite snack? Bananas
 9. What is your favorite animal? Lions
10. What is your favorite song? Backseat Driver by Toby Mac
11. What is your favorite book? None
12. Who is your best friend? Mommy
13. What is your favorite cereal? Daddy's cereal (Shredded wheat)
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play baseball
15. What is your favorite drink? Sprite (thank you Grandma Key)
16. What is your favorite holiday? Valentine's Day
17. What do you like to take to bed with you all night? Nothing
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Donuts
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? The peanut place (Texas Roadhouse)
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? Doctor

No comments:

Post a Comment