Saturday, February 13, 2016

Birthday Celebration

When asked what kind of birthday party he wanted this year, Camden again wanted a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle party.




My first thought was how they heck were we going to top the awesome cake that my mom made last year. Luckily, since it was a 'non-birthday party year' I wasn't feeling as much pressure. So I asked Camden what kind of cake he wanted weeks ago and was told that he wanted an M&M ice cream cake. Perfect!!! That would be easy, I could buy one of those . . . or so I thought. After looking around, it seems no one makes an ice cream cake with M&Ms. One of the local ice cream shops makes an ice cream pie, and when I mentioned that to Camden, he told me that is not what he wanted, he wanted a cake. So after getting more specifics from him, it was evident he wanted literally just M&Ms and ice cream and no real cake. So of course I turned to Pinterest to help me out and when I showed him some pictures of what I found he knew without a doubt exactly the cake he wanted. I made it as close to the picture as I could (because truth be known if it were up to me, I would have just thrown the M&Ms on top, because I thought that not only it would be easier, but I liked the way it looked better). But if you recall from previous years and Camden's birthday cakes - he has a vision of how he wants them and since it is his birthday, I like to oblige his request. So his request was that the M&Ms be placed strategically on the cake to make a circular pattern. I know it is not perfect, but hey, I did the best I could and he was thrilled with it!





We started his birthday celebration by having Shane's parents and sister and her family meet us at our house and then we all headed over to Bouncin' Bears for the boys to expend some energy. They had a great time jumping, sliding and playing on all of the blow ups.


We then had a 'make your own pizza bar' which I never once thought about taking a picture of. : ( But everyone made their own mini pizza with whatever topping suited their fancy.

They boys with their mini pizzas.
We then sang happy birthday and dug into the cake. 



Afterwards, Camden opened his birthday presents.





Everyone then packed up in their cars and headed over to Casen's first 'friendly' soccer game of the season. It was definitely a fun day!



And we can't forget our yearly birthday questions. As you recall, every year I ask Camden a set of questions on his birthday to see what his answers are and how much they change from year to year. These are his answers this year:

 1. What is your favorite color?  Blue
 2. What is your favorite toys? Ninja Turtles
 3. What is your favorite fruit? Watermelon
 4. What is your favorite TV show? Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
 5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Peanut butter and jelly sandwich, blue chips (Cool   Ranch Doritos) and Cheeto puffs
 6. What is your favorite outfit? My Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle t-shirt
 7. What is your favorite game? Minecraft
 8. What is your favorite snack? Popcorn
 9. What is your favorite animal?  A Cheetah
10. What is your favorite song? Backseat Driver and Uptown Funk You Up
11. What is your favorite book? The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle
12. Who is your best friend? Casen (my brother)
13. What is your favorite cereal? Lucky Charms
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Make spider traps
15. What is your favorite drink? Cherry Limeade
16. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween
17. What do you like to take to bed with you all night? My skinny blue snake
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Donuts 
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Mexican food from Ranchitos
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? "A Police officer, but I probably am not going to be anything - like Daddy does - just go to work and be a PE teacher." 

No comments:

Post a Comment