Friday, February 5, 2016

The Tooth Fairy and the Bad Finger

Camden has said a few things lately that just crack me up!

On the way to church last Sunday, Camden and I had the following conversation:

Camden: Is there such thing as a bad finger:
Me: Uhh, yes. Why?
Camden: But I like my middle finger! (as he was staring at it)
Me: How did you hear about this? Who told you there was a bad finger?
Camden: Nobody.
Me: Was it someone at school?
Camden: Yes. Katie and Aubrey.
Me: Aubrey?
Camden: Yes, you know the one that said 'shut up'.
Me: Oh, yes.
Camden: How come you never told me?
Me: I just didn't think you needed to know that yet.

I got so tickled because when he told me he like his middle finger, he was looking at it like he couldn't figure out why it was bad. :) He is so naive not having any older siblings (as the two girls who told him about the middle finger both have older siblings which I guess is where they learned it from). It really makes me sad that his little brain is being corrupted at school, however I guess that is the reality of the world we live in.


This morning he came down the stairs to show me what the Tooth Fairy left him.

Camden: The Tooth Fairy came! Look what she left me?
Me: Awesome!
Camden: It has a 'one' on it and George Washington's face - I recognized his hair.
Me: : )

I love how literal he is at this age.


For his birthday dinner tonight, Camden picked our favorite local Mexican restaurant. Melissa and her family came to celebrate with us. Of course to celebrate birthdays there, they bring out a big sombrero, as well as a sopapilla with whipped creme which they usually put on your face. Camden's biggest request was no whip cream! He had a hard enough time wearing the sombrero, but he did it despite his shyness.



No comments:

Post a Comment