Saturday, October 17, 2015

A Busy Weekend

This weekend has already proved to busy and it is only Saturday!!! As you may recall, a kitchen remodel was supposed to take place last summer. Due to my indecisiveness, and then school starting, I decided I would get my 'new' kitchen this summer. Well, after we got the inside of the house painted in July, it was evident that we needed to get rid of the carpet and get new flooring. Believe me, when my husband (who didn't think we needed wood floors until the boys were older and less apt to fall and hurt themselves) felt like we needed to get new flooring, it must have been bad!!! So the kitchen is put off yet another year. Luckily, picking out the flooring was a piece of cake because one of my great friends got new flooring several years ago and I loved it! I brought home a sample, Shane agreed on the color and that was that!

I was told that it would take 3 days to install the flooring (since we were doing the whole downstairs, minus the kitchen and bathrooms) and they could do it over a weekend. So I called in Mom and Dad so someone could be here on Friday while Shane and I went to work.

On Friday I receive the following text from my mom:

 
I must say I did not realize they were going to move all the furniture (minus some pieces they put in the garage) into the kitchen. I guess that meant we would be eating out most of our meals this weekend.

They had to use a lot of  leveling compound to level out the floor. Who knew that a house that is only 10 years old could be so unlevel! And I can assure you, I did not feel like a very good hostess for my parents since all they had to sit in was nice comfy folding chairs!

Post leveling pic

 
Today, the boys had soccer games and Grandma and Grandpa Key went and watched them play. Melissa, Mason and Braden were even able to come and watch Camden's game. Luckily this got us out of the house for a bit while the floor was being laid.


 
 
When we got home, some progression had definitely taken place! I really like it and can't wait to see the finished product!!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment