Monday, September 7, 2015

Lots of Boy Fun

Our house was full of testosterone over the weekend and I loved every minute of it! I guess in reality my house always has more testosterone than it does estrogen, but this weekend with the addition of my two nephews, Mason and Braden, it seeped of it. My sister and her husband had a Labor Day weekend getaway planned with their friends and asked if we would watch the boys. No brainer there - of course we would! Any chance I can get to hang out with them, I try to take advantage of. Being 15 and 12 (really almost 16 and 13) I know hanging out with their aunt, uncle and two little cousins is not on the top of their list of fun things to do. But my boys absolutely LOVE being around their cousins and ask about them all the time.

So our weekend started on Friday evening, where we all packed up and headed to Braden's cross country meet. It was the first meet of the season and he did absolutely amazing!!! He placed 4th which was awesome! I was so dang nervous for him watching him run. It was fun and exciting to be there and cheer him on.

Braden's cheering section

Braden sprinting to the finish line


On Sunday, we headed to Alicia's Fun in Winnie. The boys went their in August with Nana and Poppa Ron and had a great time, so we thought we would try it out ourselves. It was fun for our boys and there were a few fun things for Mason and Braden. One of our favorites was racing the go-carts - needless to say we are all very competitive!

Serious motorcycle drivers
















Mason showing off his muscles

We were told we had the fastest go -cart!

Casen and Mason beat us all!!!

Black light mini golf !


Me and Mason 




















We hope Mason and Braden enjoyed hanging out with us as much as we enjoyed our time with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment