Friday, June 21, 2013

Gone to Grandma and Grandpa's

After Casen's party, my parents took back my nephews with them to Kerrville to spend a little time with them. Their dad was planning on picking them up on Thursday and my mom asked me if Camden would like to come and spend some time with them and if so, perhaps Shawn could bring him to them as he was picking up his boys. Well, after discussing it with Shane (who was a bit apprehensive) we decided to let him go. You couldn't help but say yes when we asked him if he wanted to go and he got so excited and started listing all the things he was going to do!

After talking Uncle Shawn's ear off for several hours, he was delivered to my parents in Austin. He told mom he was ready to play on the playground when they arrived in Kerrville. Well, let me just say, we have 'Facetimed' him every night and that boy does not miss us a bit. He tells us about all the activities he has done with grandma and grandpa and makes sure and gives us a 'bathroom report'. He has gone swimming, visited with all the neighbors, ate out at restaurants, played on the playground, fed the fish, gone fishing and countless other fun things. He has loved every minute he has spent with them, probably because he is ruling the roost. We had decided that we would go ahead and pick him up on Tuesday, but after talking to him on the phone, we decided to let him stay until today. We obviously miss him more than he misses us - which is good - it is nice to know he was having a great time and is just enjoying my parents!

Proud of his catch

Swimming makes Camden smile!

Jumping in the water after his water stick

Mr. Joe Cool

Wearing his goggles while playing on his computer

"Riding the reindeer!" as Camden says


Camden and Grandpa - two peas in a pod

Grandpa left his shoes at the door, so
Camden followed suit
Wearing his sunglasses on his hat like Grandpa
I met my parents in Bastrop at Buccee's to pick him up and he was so excited to see his brother and me. He has this wonderful tan that I am a bit jealous of!!! He told me all about the fun he had on the way home and is already ready to go back!

Sad to leave Grandma and Grandpa,
but glad to see his brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment