Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year 2013

Happy Pee Year!!! Oops, I mean Happy New Year!!! After focusing all day on getting someone potty trained, I forgot exactly what day it really was. All joking aside, it is so hard to believe it is 2013. I have been saying for weeks, well months really, that it was time to get Camden potty trained so I figured what better day to start than today - the beginning of a new year and the beginning of a new era (we hope). I must say by 10:30 am, I was feeling defeated and questioning what I was even doing. We had two accidents right off the bat this morning and he didn't seem to be getting the whole concept. But, by 11:00 am he finally used his potty after we moved it to the living room where all the action was. It was a small amount, and Shane referred to it as a nervous drip, but none the less it was potty. The first thing he wanted to do was pick out a sucker - what he has looked forward to for months!!! It has been our bribery tool and he knew that when he 'tee teed on the potty' he could get a sucker. The second thing he wanted to do was to call Mason and Braden and tell them the good news. Luckily, they both acted very excited and thrilled for him. I believe he may have had one more accident after that, and since then, I am proud to say that Camden has been a peeing machine!!!  So after a total of 8 calls to Mason and Braden (luckily there were a few times he forgot to call them) and 7 suckers later, he has definitely got the hang of this. As a matter of fact, he was just watching Jake and the Neverland pirates on his IPhone and stopped and told me he needed to potty - and sure enough, he did!!!! I could not be any prouder at this moment!!!

Camden proud of his newest accomplishment
Casen played all day while Camden was mastering the use of the potty
Such sweet boys
Camden wanted to take a picture with his brother
while enjoying one of his celebratory suckers.
Camden sportin' his 'Cars' underwear while playing with his cars! : )
**A big thank you to Mason and Braden for talking to him each time he called them and showing enthusiasm. It really meant the world to him that they were excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment