Saturday, September 3, 2011

Shapes and Colors

This week at Camden's school they have been focusing on shapes and colors. All summer long we worked on colors as well as shapes with Camden. He has several books that he loves that talk about shapes and colors. Unfortunately, when it comes to colors EVERYTHING is blue. According to Camden, all of the University of Alabama paraphernalia in our house is blue, the dog is blue, and all of our clothes are blue. You name it, it is all blue in Camden's eyes! You are probably thinking to yourself, maybe he can't say the other colors, but no that is not the case, he can say them all. Now sometimes I can ask him to show me the a specific colored item and he will pick up the correct one, but he you just can't point at an item and ask him what color it is and him get it right unless it is blue!

Today, as I was looking up something on the computer, I heard Camden saying 'heart, heart'. Since my back was to him, I wasn't sure what exactly he was trying to say, but when I turned around, sure enough what I was hearing was exactly correct - heart!!! He was holding a candle that had a heart on top of it and he acknowledged that it was a heart!!! The other shape that he recently started identifying was the oval. An odd one I thought, but still yet he knows what it is. He has been able to point out stars for quiet some time now and does so on a regular basis on our way home from school when he sees a sign with stars on it.

I find it so exciting how much he is learning. I tell him all the time how smart he is. Granted, he may be right on track for his age, but still yet, I like to think he is smart! At any rate, it is fun to watch him grow and learn.


No comments:

Post a Comment