Monday, September 6, 2010

Visitng the Key Grands

We took advantage of this three day weekend to go and visit my parents and both of my grandmothers in Kerrville. I was so excited to go for several reasons. First, I have not been to my parents place in four years and absolutely love it there; second, Shane had never been there so I was excited for him to finally see where they live; and third, I had not seen my Nan Naw for almost 2 years and always love to see my Grandma Key. We arrived there around 11:30 pm on Friday night due to the horrible traffic. Camden was an excellent passenger, since he slept most of the way. On Saturday (his 7 month birthday) we got up, ate breakfast and then went and visited my grandmothers.

First we stopped and saw Nan Naw who has not only been chomping at the bit to see Camden, but also was looking forward to seeing me since it had almost been two years. Camden really enjoyed her and spent a lot of time smiling and laughing while we were visiting.

Nan Naw and Camden

We then headed over to my Grandma Key's place. My parents recently moved her from Missouri to Kerrville to keep a better eye on her. Unfortunately, she has dementia and forgets a lot. It is so very sad to watch her struggle to remember things. Anyway, when we arrived to her place, she met us out in the hall and was pleased to see us!

Grandma Key and Camden

Admiring one another

We of course made sure to get back to my parents by 6:00 pm in order for Shane to watch the Alabama game on the computer, since it was not on TV. Camden fell asleep on our ride home, and stayed asleep for a bit. While I was outside visiting, Shane stayed inside with Camden. After 30 minutes or so, Camden woke up and when he and Shane came outside, Camden was in a different shirt, and to boot, it was NOT one I had even packed!!

Roll Tide!

On Sunday, we all headed to church and afterward, Mom, Camden and I headed over to visit Nan Naw again and then picked up Grandma Key to bring her over to eat dinner with us. We had a very nice time and had lots of good visiting while there!!!

Four generation picture

Camden getting some loving from Grandpa Key

No comments:

Post a Comment