Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Joys of Daycare

At about 4:00 am this morning I heard Camden stirring around on the monitor. He was a bit fussy, but also chatty. I let him be and within five minutes he was back asleep. He again woke up around 5:15 am and this time was even more fussy. I went in his room to console him and as I walked into his room I could hear him breathing. He was so stopped up and just sounded bad. I suctioned lots of exciting snot out of his nose and then we headed downstairs to see if he would eat something. After I fixed his breakfast, Shane took him to feed him and noticed he felt hot. (Yet again, what a great mother and nurse I am - I had not even noticed!) Shane went ahead and fed him and then I took his temperature. It was 99.8 by the thermometer you use in the ear and 101.6 rectally. So we gave him Tylenol and by 9:00 am or so it was close to 103. So he received Motrin. He has been on the course of alternating Tylenol and Motrin all day and went to bed at 7:00 pm. Luckily, he has been a great eater today which makes me feel better. I am praying that he wakes up a new boy tomorrow!! Ah, the joys of daycare!


No comments:

Post a Comment